Siquijor Budget Trip: Lazi Church and Lazi Convent

After our little joy ride, we arrived in the town of Lazi, we first stopped by the San Isidore Labrador Church and Convent just located on the other side of the road fronting it. I had been to this church before, as a guest at my friend's wedding. I remember it was a really old church and it is indeed old because it was constructed over a century ago, in the 1890's. This church is so old you can see the flooring is made of wood and some parts even creak when you step on them.

I adore these trees. They look so perfect arranged in that perfect line. It goes all the way to the back.
 


The convent fronting the church is also as old and there are certain parts of the building that currently serves as a small museum. Both buildings look beautifully old and I couldn't help but feel glad I got to see these parts of our national history.

The convent viewed from the church acros the street
inside the second floor of the convent
bahay na bato architecture
a part of the church viewed from inside the convent
looking down the wooden staircase which serves as the entrance to the convent
I just felt like i saw a glimpse of history seeing this convent. It's built as a stone house (Bahay na bato), the first level being made of stone and the second level is made of wood.

    No comments

    Leave a comment: