MacRitchie Reservoir

A few weeks ago, I was invited for a hike at MacRitchie Reservoir near Toa Payoh area. I'm not really the outdoorsy kind of person but I am open to experiencing it when I get the chance so I went, despite the lack of appropriate gear.

It was an 11-km hike that turned out a 14-km hike for us because we unknowingly took a detour to look at some turtles. There are trails for walking along the forest so it did not turn out as hot as I expected. It also had a lot of wonderful scenery. I wanted to take a lot of photos with my phone but ten minutes after we started the hike, I ran out of battery power.

There was a huge lake in the middle with a lot of small turtles. We also passed by a golf course, and a lot of monkeys along the way. Thank goodness they don't bother you at all (based on our experience).

It was a good hike for me, first time to do one that long, can't believe I got through it without fainting. But my hands were swelling when we got back the starting point. I wonder why that was.

I may go do it again when I get some gear or at least some good shoes.

 

2 comments

  1. Wheee Sillimanians in SG! Kita ko ana na reservoir sa TV Kat, it looks really fun hiking there... dha pod gkan ang water supply sa SG no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I didn't realize I failed to post a reply to this comment.

      Yes, water supply also comes from these reservoirs so they always remind people not to throw trash and to keep the water clean. It's really a nice relaxing place selle and very well taken cared of.

      Delete

Leave a comment: