Home For Christmas

Two days before Christmas, I am too excited to hop on that plane and spend ten glorious days at home. I have not missed Dumaguete this much, not even last year when I hadn't been able to visit.

I've kept myself busy with visiting craft shops and noting on supplies I would need to bring home come March. I also wanted to do some nice gift-wrapping for the little presents I'm giving out to family and friends. I planned out the color palette I'm going to be using ahead so I didn't have to spend so much time looking for things in the craft stores (yeah right).

When it comes to gifts, I never give anything that looks ugly enough to throw in the trash even before it is opened. I think first impressions on your gift matters. Effort is gift itself.

I've always loved using brown paper and jute twine so those are a given and are also present in most craft projects I do. Also using black wrapping paper and acquired some white and metallic ink pads to use as color accents as well as black and white Baker's twine. Baker's twine comes a bit pricey but there's no cheaper alternative to achieve that nice clean look.


I did polka dots for female recipients and just plain one for the guys. I did some quick stamping to get those cute little dots on the paper. It might have looked like I did too much work here but it was pretty quick and easy. And besides, I'm never lazy to do anything when it comes to my craft projects. So here, a sneak peak at what I did.

Tried my best to align the dots properly, otherwise they might look weird and the whole piece of paper would go to waste.
 

I dropped by ION Orchard to see what Christmas decorations they had this year. It was a nice candy cane theme kind of thing. Pictures of course.

 

Heading home, I passed by Tang's Plaza and saw some wonderful lights, aimed my camera phone and took this by accident. It was quite a good surprise to get a bokeh shot using a camera phone. This happened because the auto focus wasn't fast enough when I clicked the shutter button.


I'm all set. Almost! Believe it or not, we still have work tomorrow. But I will be flying tomorrow night, Christmas Eve. When everyone back home will be enjoying Noche Buena, I will still be in a plane ride and won't be able to greet you all a very Merry Christmas at midnight. Will be sending greetings when I arrive, so until then, enjoy all the food and merriment!

Cheers and sending you all my warm Christmas greetings from Singapore!

No comments

Leave a comment: