Inspired by Pluto Flyby

I'd finally done it. Planets! I mean moons. I would've painted a galaxy but that's too difficult to do. So I started with simpler ones. I initially wanted to do all planets in the solar system but Earth and Jupiter would pose as challenge so I did Jupiter's four largest moons instead. Among all 67 moons, they are the most interesting, appearance-wise. I also did Pluto, because yes, it's an amazing thing to see something that is so unbelievably far from Earth in that kind of clarity. NASA and New Horizons, thank you.

If you don't already know, I have this fascination with the universe and everything about it; planets, stars, moons, asteroids, galaxies. I guess it's mainly because we always see wonderfully rendered photos with the spectrum of colors and shapes, even though they're not the actual colors. It's quite unbelievable to see them when we're just these tiny tiny beings in space and time. It's very uniquely interesting to know how so many worlds could exist out there and we can't even comprehend the vastness of the space surrounding us. Whew! Just thinking about it makes me speechless.

By the way, this was also the first time I've used salt. It proves to create some white specks on the artwork. I don't know though if I was able to use it properly to generate the right effect. These four moons look simple but I think my desk never saw a mess like this before. I'm very new to watercolor so I only did and used what I could to get close to the final look.

No comments

Leave a comment: