Dusk Whisperer

First set of my collab shoot with Joselle last Monday. It was a bit raining and some of these were shot while I was under an umbrella. This was the first time I shot an entire session in raw (.nef). I never really shot in with raw format before because they eat up so much space and I never really got a huge difference in post-processing. But now I kinda get it. Shooting in raw allowed me to fix the reds because I always lose detail when I shoot red-colored subjects. But raw doesn't give out as much vibrance and sharpness as my jpeg preset in my camera. It looks pale and just average ok but in my opinion not really ready to publish right away.

Anyway, it is Halloween, so happy (scary) halloween to all! Not going to any costume parties for now but hoping you all get to wear your dream costumes! Should be fun!

Part 2 is coming up in the next post.

 
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer
Dusk Whisperer

Everything, processed in Lightroom 3, using raw (except the last two pictures which are jpeg).











5 comments

  1. I've been so in love from the third photo from below ever since you posted it on Tumblr. Such lush greens!! And the framing is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so amazing! Great effects! :)



    http://misscielofernando.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Margarette! I love that one too! It doesn't show we shot that in a friend's front yard! :)

    Glad you like them, Cielo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured the moment perfectly, Kat! Looking back it's so easy to remember the afternoon in these colors. And Rena was such a great model too, for a first timer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're right! I just really tried to execute my vision to the last shade, na timing pa gyud ug Halloween, haha true she did do great! Would hope to have another session soon!

      Btw, how did your Bindoy shoot go? Hope you pushed through. Excited to see your photos!

      Delete

Leave a comment: