Low resolution photography

We put up the Christmas tree today, got a few more ornaments like reindeer, santa's boots and candy canes. We've always used Christmas balls but that kind of got boring.

I took a picture and discovered I could take bokeh photos with my phone! Really! I mean, I never thought it's possible because cameras in mobile phones usually autofocus, not allowed to change aperture, but hey I got a bokeh shot by accident today!

Well, we have plastic trees here, not the real ones because real Christmas-looking trees don't grow in the Philippines.


And here are a few instagram photos, edited using various editors. I have quite a couple of apps on my phone just for editing pics, I swear it's what I do to kill time aside from playing games. I have Photo Editor, PicsPlay, DramaPic, FxCamera, Snaptastic and a few more. I am dying to use Vscocam but I don't have iPhone so would have to wait until I get one.


I took quick selfies one afternoon, trying to make something good out of the light I got from the window blinds. Really good to feel sunlight on my face. Been really loving LR these days. I just discovered a super easy way to create collages and diptychs using the Print Tab!

5 comments

  1. OMG Kate I am a HUGE Christmas person! I CANT wait to get a tree, which Ill be puttin into my new house (Im moving just before christmas!) I love the lights and the bokeh and spend ages taking photos !! Also these shots of you are beautiful.. The shadow play is super! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that's cool and I'm loving the ones where you played with lighting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @saibh, so exciting! you're moving to a new place! I hope you post a preview! :) Yes, Christmas is truly a joy to to experience not to mention to photograph!

    @tori, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how everyday stuff like phones allow us to be so creative. Never thought it was possible to get bokeh with a camera phone but you pulled it off! Oh, to have a good phone with a nice camera that can take shots like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say it was a lucky shot selle! The AF got a little wonky for two seconds so I took the chance and pressed the capture button. Had I tapped again to autofocus, that bokeh would have disappeared. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment: