Thankful

Oftentimes, I find myself reflecting upon life and the world we live in today and marvel at the amazing and wonderful things we take for granted. I'm talking about the flowers in the garden, the birds perched on power lines, the beautiful sky so blue adorned with perfect puffy clouds, the food on our table, our friends and family who love us.

You might wonder what has gotten into me for thinking about these things. Nothing actually. I am really someone whose thoughts seem to wander when I'm alone. I like to observe things as they happen and try to think beyond what I see.

I admit that I'm not a very religious person. I fail to attend mass every Sunday but every time I miss one, I feel guilty. Everyday, when I go to work and before I go to bed and the moment I wake up, I think about everything that happened and I just wonder if there's really a greater being. But then I think about all the beautiful and wonderful miracles and places in this world, I think again and say, "how can there not be a higher being?" For everything to be working so perfect in this world despite the problems, there's just so much to be thankful for.

This is a truly unlikely, out of the blue post but I guess it would be nice to share what I'm thankful for. (But of course, I cannot possibly list all of them!)


I am thankful for

+ the gift of life; being able to wake up everyday and that the world did not end yesterday
+ a complete family, who care and love each other despite problems
+ the food on our table and the people who prepare them
+ the ability to share our thoughts freely to people, whether in person or online
+ for receiving blessings, things we need and things we want
+ for the hardship of my parents in sending all of me and my siblings to school, going to work everyday to provide for us
+ for simple laughter and tears of joy, for peaceful nights without harm and danger
+ for the skills and talent and being able to do them freely
+ for the worry-free days, no matter how boring or fun-filled
+ for my students, especially those who really try to learn and study the lessons I give them
+ for my friends who remember and appreciate me
+ for good health, that until this day we are able to move and walk and talk with so much energy as yesterday
+ for our home and our safety, that there are no tragedies or calamities that endanger us and our loved ones

Like I said, too many to mention. But I just wanted to share. I also whisper a prayer anytime I remember any of these. This is what I get for being alone most days but I'm working on it.

On another note, I am turning thirty in April and I am very anxious. Not looking forward to it at all. Gotta make future plans regarding my career path soon. Crossing my fingers for now.

To summarize this post, I am simply thankful.

3 comments

  1. love love love this post!!! I can relate when it comes to missing church on Sundays and feeling guilty afterwards... mga erehes na man dgay ta Kat! Indeedy, we have a LOT of stuff to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @joselle, haha, "erehes" is the word! lol. and I feel guilty when I apologize in prayer and then I miss it again the next Sunday! :(

    On being thankful, I think about the others who have less than we have and that we who have so much take them for granted. I feel sad thinking about it. I wish more people appreciate even the most little and simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's usually the people who have less who are better at seeing life's little pleasures... the people who have a lot tend to fall into the trap of wanting more or working so they can have more, so it's easy too overlook the more important things. Thanks for this post Kat!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment: