Square Diaries 03062013

Ok. I admit it. Instagram can be so addictive. I maybe am already an IG addict. I don't even have an iPhone. How much more if I get to have one where I could take it anywhere and snap pictures of a thousand and one useless things everywhere. I didn't want to admit it but @instagram recently featured Rob Lutter (@roblutter) who admitted he is addicted to IG so hey, I guess it's ok to admit it (hehe). He's been traveling around the world, simply for the adventure and beauty of it, while he takes photos and posts them to his IG. The same goes to @kevinruss who simply has a stunning gallery, all photos shot using iPhone. I swear this is starting to form a big chunk of a dream that's going into my bucket list. You get to travel and take pictures at the same time.

There are times I think I just want to keep posting photos, but then I hesitate and feel guilty because I think of the people who follow me and I don't want to feed them with crap they don't want to see. But another part of me also thinks that's how instagram is supposed to be. Most people use it to give other people a behind-the-scenes look of your life. I try to limit to posting one photo a day but I get carried away sometimes I post even up to four! But hey, if I ever get to travel so much, I wouldn't care how many I post in a day!


I also created some typography art with quotes that I've never forgotten since the day I read them. I used Illustrator so I could get more practice using it.

On a side note, I visited a local print shop to inquire about printing cards with white ink, and discovered that these people do not know what Illustrator or InDesign is! Seriously? This is exactly why I don't want to work as graphic artist (they call it that here) mainly because of the limitations in terms of equipment, knowledge, exposure and quality of projects they can do. Tsk. I also need (yes, need) to study graphic design so I could get my dream job already!

2 comments

  1. "There are times I think I just want to keep posting photos, but then I hesitate and feel guilty because I think of the people who follow me and I don't want to feed them with crap they don't want to see. But another part of me also thinks that's how instagram is supposed to be. Most people use it to give other people a behind-the-scenes look of your life. I try to limit to posting one photo a day but I get carried away sometimes I post even up to four! But hey, if I ever get to travel so much, I wouldn't care how many I post in a day!"

    Same thoughts here! Just saw the photo I'm using for my header on your instagram widget. Got it from tumblr. Will credit :) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gab! Thanks for the proper credit! Just saw it, looks good with the text you added!

      Delete

Leave a comment: