Pulau Ubin

My first visit to Pulau Ubin was last Christmas 2013. At Changi Ferry Terminal, two friends and I took a 15-20 minute ferry to the island around noon time. It costs only $2.50 per person for a one way ride. While on the ferry, you get a great view of the sea and feel the cool sea breeze on your face. It's a wonderfully refreshing sight especially when all you see for months are buildings, roads, cars and shopping malls. It was a great day. It was after all Christmas Day.

The place is known to be frequently visited by people who wanted to go cycling or just joy bike riding along hillside bike paths as well as rough roads. There are a lot of shops that offer bike rentals (and quite a number of choices) that range from $6-$10 to use for the whole day.

These photos were shot from two different visits to Pulau Ubin. The second time I went there, I accompanied my housemate to take landscape photos. I took the chance to borrow his wide angle lens to take photos of my own. I instantly loved the wide focal length at 10mm. As you will see later, self-portraits are very convenient.

view from ferry upon leaving Changi Ferry Terminal


a lake along the bike trail to Check Jawa Wetlands


the beach along the ferry port

jetty at Chek Jawa Wetlands
the quite long but scenic board walk
 

Anyone who gets the chance to visit Singapore should go and experience outdoor activities in Pulau Ubin. You will surely appreciate the breath of fresh air and the fantastic view it has to offer.

P.S. I am creating a part two of my visit to the island because I obviously went crazy taking pictures there, and I do not want them to gather dust in my hard drive so I would be happier to share them.

Thank you for viewing!

1 comment

  1. Loving these shots, looks like such a wonderful, idilic place! I am living my traveler self vicariously through you and your photos at the moment! !I hope your having a wonderful time! <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment: