New Year 2014 at Marina Bay Sands

The last of all firsts for me in 2013, spending New Year's Eve away from my family. I initially wanted to go up the MBS Skypark and take pictures from there but as I thought it would be, it was closed for the public because there was going to be an event there.

So my friends and I ended up with a spot near the Louis Vuitton building just outside MBS. Any spot around the bay had a great view as the place looked extra spectacular with all the lights and all the excitement and anticipation emanating from every person who was there.

Surprisingly, being there since 7:30 pm did not feel like forever. It would have been a long and patient wait for the midnight fireworks had it not been for the calls we made to family and friends from home and watching the pre-midnight light show. Somewhere nearby, a concert by the band The Wanted was also happening.

The show started at exactly 12:00mn. The first few seconds were a bit disappointing but it caught up with my expectations. But then it disappointed me again because it didn't last as long as I expected. I was told that in previous years, the show lasted 15-20 minutes. But nevertheless, it was a great show and I guess it was long enough to welcome the new year.

As for the pictures, i also disappointed myself. I may have just one or two fireworks photo that I consider acceptable. I would blame it on the flimsy and kind-of-broken tripod that i was able to borrow (special thanks to Jucile) but one should never blame his equipment for failing at something, so I will just say it was a good try and I'll practice more in the future. Plus i wanted to be able to appreciate the show and not keep looking behind the viewfinder so it was ok to not take pictures from then on. I let my 4s take a video clip while I watched.

So, hello 2014! So much to look forward to this year! I will dedicate a special blog post to officially welcome you in this blog!

Meantime, the photos I managed to take, both from a 4s and a D90.

2 comments

  1. Wow looks amazing! What a show! Northing like that happens here.. Happy New Year lovely Kat <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year, Saibh! Looking forward to more beautiful photos from you!

      Delete

Leave a comment: