Nightscapes: Keppel Towers

Sometimes, it's amazing to see what a camera can do to make some seemingly mundane scenes in the world around us look a bit more special. That's not to say that the Keppel Towers at Keppel Bay are not special. No. In fact it was an awesome location for night photography. I just didn't expect the docks to be very dark. It would have been great to see the boats in clear view at night.

But I had faith in my dear old camera and tripod (and a bit of my patience) that something good might come out of it. I wasn't about to turn my back and leave because I kind of got lost finding this place and my feet and shoulders hurt from bringing the tripod and cameras all afternoon. Thankfully, long exposures allow "light sharing" from subjects that are nearby so in my shot below, lights from the Keppel towers and the Keppel Bridge (left side, not seen in photo) lit up the docks and boats.

a five-shot panorama of Keppel Towers and Keppel Shipyard

No comments

Leave a comment: