Trying Walnut Ink

I recently acquired walnut ink for calligraphy, to see what the hype was. Apparently, on Instagram, I always find people raving about how awesome it is. I've tried it out but I find it too transparent. Although the color is great, I am reminded so much of coffee (which makes me think I could also use coffee or tea in painting one day).

Being transparent and all, I decided to use it on a recent drawing. I tried my luck in drawing human hands, but I didn't use watercolor paper. I used a Fabriano sketch paper, 90gm2. Half of the time I like to use it because of its creamy color but it gets frustrating when watercolor makes it wavy and wrinkly but nevermind because these things I only do for practice.

I was fairly satisfied with the hand drawing, but the coloring was a little difficult. I made mistakes in the shading but it's difficult to correct mistakes with translucent paint so I did what I could to fix it and decided on a finished artwork.

I did a little extra with another type of watercolor paper by doing some monochromatic florals.

This week feels like a real drag. It is still Tuesday and I feel tired and unmotivated.

No comments

Leave a comment: