Mustard and Navy

I'm starting to consider doing bigger artworks now. I mean with the use of hand lettering. I've always had this mustard poster paint by Pentel gathering dust in one corner of my desk and thought of using more of it before it goes dry.

I did this quote before in green but did it again for this artwork because I wanted to put this in a frame so it could remind me every day. I remember before, I used to say a silent prayer every morning I wake up thanking God every morning for a brand new day. I have slowly forgotten to do this in the past year or two. I wanted this to serve as a reminder, everyday I will see it, I will never forget to be thankful.


And because I'm always itching to run paintbrush over paper, I tried designing and making nautical-themed gift-tags.

I paired the mustard yellow with Perusian Blue gouache which has this thick navy blue color that I really like. One thing I hate about it is it has this really strong smell that gives me a headache. I still used it anyway.

And what perfect way to finish the look with a knot of natural-colored jute twine!


No comments

Leave a comment: