November is here


I really do miss taking photos. Not wedding photos, but everything else. The mundane, the rain drops, the leaves on the ground, places and others. November is here and the year is coming to a close in less than sixty days! I don't know what to think. But surely I feel sad and okay at the same time. Happy? I don't think I'm there yet.

It is midnight as I write this and just finished a bit more tweaking in the layout of this blog. I have recently kept coming back to go back to writing blogs as I did a long time ago. It's been one of my longest channels of expressing myself, even if nobody else is reading.

My brain is quite tired at this time because I just finished making some test projects involving the sewing machine. Those are actually some items I plan to sell in my shop which I first had to try if I can make them myself even when orders pile up.

One more thing that's been hovering over me these past few days is how I'm easily discouraged when it comes to pricing my merchandise. It's something that's really causing me negative vibes how I feel like I need to keep defending my prices. I received a comment saying that people don't really care how you made it or if you made it yourself, or if it's original or downloaded online. That really struck a nerve. I personally think that they don't respect what I do. But then again, I remember there are others like cake artists in Dumaguete who also charge higher prices than others and people complain about how expensive they are, I hear it quite a few times. I think that's just about the same thing with mine. But see, I don't comment like that on their prices because I try and understand why they price their work that way. I may not be able to afford it but there's no need to add negative comments. If I was the person involved, I would feel offended because someone thinks I'm robbing people of their money by charging too much. Because to me, it's about how much value I put in my work, because I know that my work is worth it and is not made from a machine or a factory. I put my time and effort in the process, and there is a part of me in all of my work. There's no need to compare.

Enough about that. I promise to keep going. Even if nobody buys from me I will keep making. Dumaguete charter day is happening this month. After that, wedding season starts and I may not be able to work on crafts. I've been eating mostly takeout these days because not really up to cooking and doing groceries for now.

And lastly, there is a person I miss every day. This time last year had been great for us and not a day passed by that I didn't think about him. I say this here because I know he won't be able to read this.

No comments

Leave a comment: