Book: The Shack

I first knew about this story from watching the movie that was recommended by a friend. I was moved and cried buckets watching it and decided to read the book.

It has a wonderful way of presenting a conversation with God through the painful story of the main character Mackenzie, a father, a husband and a friend.

I've had my questions and the dialogues gave me some answers. What I especially liked is how I was able to visualize God in a way that is different than what he is usually portrayed.. as an invisible man residing in the clouds, only hearing an authoritative voice. The book gives you another way of getting to know God that is easier to comprehend.

It also talks about forgiveness and judgement among many other things.

If you've read it, I'd be glad to know what you thought of this book.

No comments

Leave a comment: