Nikon D60 Shutter Error

"Error. Press shutter release button again"

This happened to my Nikon d60 two days ago — in the middle of an e-session (!). I tried the solution posted here (except the lubricating part) and i had the shutter firing again for a couple of seconds, and then it showed the error again. :( Which shows that most likely, the problem is in the shutter gears (red wheel near the center)


I wanted to remove the metal plate but it's too well screwed-in with the body, i think it would require me to disassemble more parts.

I've had this camera for two and a half years and this is the first time it prompted an error.

I'm still looking for a Nikon service center. In the meantime, i am considering to get a new camera, a Nikon D5100 as that's how far my budget can go. I've also considered buying a Canon but that won't be practical because I'd have to buy new lenses for it.

If you have some feedback about the D5100 you'd like to share, please leave a comment.

No new pictures from me as of now. Some recent or older ones, i will be posting from time to time.

1 comment

  1. Anonymous2/22/2012

    D5100 have a newer function compare to D90, it's about the same as D7000. the photo will obviously better than D90 also. the body of D5100 is engineering grade plastic so is the same as D90 and If im not mistaken D7000'S body is magnesium. the benefit of the engineering grade plastic body is that when it fall there gonna be less damage then it should be on magnesium.

    I don't really know if this is helpful but I hope so, Im a Nikon user too but never touched D5100 before.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment: