Vintage Cover Journals

Today's December 21st, as everyone in the world knows, today is the predicted date of when the world will end. Nothing much happened on our side of the world today except having a really gloomy weather.

I finished a new set of those crafty vintage-looking journals I like to make. A friend of mine wanted to give them as Christmas presents to her friends, so I'm customizing the covers. I'm guessing they are based on the recipient's interests. I used to make cut-outs but some front designs are too complicated to cut by hand so I printed them instead. It felt a bit like cheating, though (haha).

To anyone curious, the covers are made of brown kraft folders, hand-brushed with brown ink to give that vintage effect on the edges. The spines are a bit of work too. Blank cream-colored pages inside, which I sometimes find so smooth I would hate to write on them. :) Whew! Talk about labor of love!

I also made the extra effort of wrapping it nicely because that actually gives it a bit more personal touch and might bring a smile to the person receiving it.

If you like this set, you can view my other craft work here.

2 comments

  1. The last day of the world. Hahahaha: D
    Korea is not over.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! ka nice kat!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment: