Within These Walls

I've wanted to change my blog name for a long time. I just haven't found the right one yet until now. "Within These Walls" is actually the title of the song my high school class sang for graduation. I can't find anything about it anymore online nor do I remember any other words from it. But I'm using it because it sounds quite fitting.

I am that kind of person who puts walls around her. I would like to keep most of the things I feel to myself. Maybe from time to time, I could probably share them to the world, but not too much. I really don't like over-sharing personal things and feelings. I'm not the type who wears her heart on her sleeves. I don't like being transparent. I don't want to be too predictable even without saying anything.

Over-sharing pictures that come from my hobbies is a different thing. Because I tend to do that when the mood strikes me.

I try to say more about the photos I post recently. As much as I'm not very good with captions and descriptions, I would like people to know that also have thoughts and opinions and feelings, too.

Maybe in this little place, I could offer a peak of what goes on within the walls I build around myself. It could serve as a resolution, to slowly take it down and let some people in.

If you're reading this and have been following my blog for a while now, thank you! If you're new here, well, I hope you like what you see and hopefully get more curious, look around and read more!

4 comments

  1. This is a nice name for your blog Kat. I get the thing about not letting too many people in. I am like that too, in some way... I tend to choose the people I share certain things with. I think there is a practical sensibility to that, like what you said, sometimes it will not do a person any good if she wears her heart on her sleeves. I think a good way of balancing is knowing who you should share the more personal stuff and who doesn't get to participate in that... kind of like partitioning your friends into groups on Facebook haha! Great name, couldn't have thought of a better name for your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you agree and like my new name! Thank you!

      And yes, sharing too much might get people into trouble someday. We never know who's out there reading your info. (I think that's more of the paranoid me talking). But hey, better safe than sorry. And people tend to judge based on what you put in statuses and tweets and at times they get misinterpreted.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kat :) Wanted to say I love the new Blog Name including the font that you used. Awesome. Ohhh, I love putting walls around too. That's why perhaps I talk to much. The conversation are the walls. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol funneeee! Thanks Jeff. Love that font too. And what an interesting way of interpreting it! I admire you for being able to talk and have conversations easily. That's why you succeed in green&purple!

      Delete

Leave a comment: