The French Connection

My sister and I purposely laid out our day's schedule to accommodate a visit at this French-feel restaurant or cafe in Cebu City. I expected much from this place seeing that so many of the people I know always seem to have a photo taken here having wine and croissants. I admit I was about half-disappointed when I finally went there. But I have long promised not to say negative things about anything I write in this blog, so I will tell you what I like about the place instead.

To describe this place in a few words, it's French and it's pretty (although the sakura decor reminds me a lot of Japan). But they sell French macarons and croissants, bread and pastry and wine so French it is.

Most of the pictures I've seen taken here were all night shots. I was glad my sister asked to go here during the day because for some period of time while we were there, it actually looked very romantic during late afternoon. There are countless archs from the woven furniture that gives you a lot of photo ideas and those pink blossoms, albeit fake, still look very appealing, in real life and in pictures. We didn't order wine and croissants. I ate a few pieces of French macarons because I was there for the pictures, and I won't deny it, no. And I went there to see what the hype was all about.

No comments

Leave a comment: