Etsy Envy

Etsy is and will always be my first love when it comes to channels of inspiration. There's something about how it looks and feels while I'm browsing the site that makes me feel at home, like it's where I belong. I find so many lovely things on Etsy that keeps me constantly motivated and inspired.

I opened my very own shop at Etsy a few years ago before I left for Singapore. I had a few items listed. I closed it temporarily during the hiatus. I have resorted to browsing the website again for some inspiration on simple hand crafts I can do myself. I've started drafting some gift cards and their respective listings.

There are some issues though, that I'm looking at. I'm unsure about shipping. I just don't feel confident and secure about the local postal system and I don't want my items being lost or damaged in transit. Another is quality of print. As much as possible I wish to have printed artwork in professional quality and there are very few (to none) options in my area. So I keep everything handmade, hand-cut, hand-painted, from scratch.

Perhaps I'm really not very aggressive when it comes to marketing or selling things. It's funny how I'm easily motivated and inspired but then when it's time to market and promote my work, I hesitate and take a step back. It's something I really need to work on. I'm guessing a change of environment, but that needs a lot of thinking and planning and so many other things. I'm optimistic though how much positive change that could do for me.

No comments

Leave a comment: