DIY Custom Ribbons

Guess what!? I was able to make my own packaging ribbons! I was so happy I discovered this! I used satin ribbons, alphabet rubber stamps and good quality ink pad (Ranger Ink Pad, black). The ink pad is very important because at first I tried the regular ink pad brands from the office supplies store but there is a huge difference with the alphabet imprint.

My rubber stamps are small so I opted to use 3/4 inch satin ribbons. I can use 1-inch ribbons too, but the words will still be the same size. There are cotton twill ribbons that I am looking for and there is no one selling locally. I will order that online (from abroad) and honestly cannot wait to use it on that!

Anyway, there are some limitations to this. I only have the a black ink pad so I'm only using light-colored ribbons. It still looks great though. I have a Delicata Metallic stamp pad in Silver and Gold, the latter wasn't as good, the former is a hit or miss.

So, how to use them? If you like to put gifts in boxes, it would look great to tie around them. Not just for Christmas presents. If you have a small business, you can add it to packaging small items. Aside from boxes, you can tie it around small pouches and use it to close the bag, with a custom thank you tag! Super nice and very customized!

It's surely going to make an impact to anyone who will receive it!


No comments

Leave a comment: