Sea Glass Art

Recently, I got commissioned to create small artworks made from sea glass. The person who asked me to do this is a businesswoman and a friend. Her family owns a number of restaurants in Dumaguete but interestingly, her home is filled with so many beautiful works from local artists. These are not just paintings but different types of art a person can make.

In previous occasions, I have made a few paintings for her and my hand-painted wood slices also caught her attention. I'm so happy that my work adds beauty to someone else's home.

In this recent project, she asked for me to make tiny framed artworks from these random (but special) objects. It's something I have not done before but I was willing to give it a try. It was challenging at first and took me a while to decide on what illustrations would be suitable. One thing though, she requested that I could include birds. I did some research and found out it's quite a popular style to make art.

Sea glass, as random as they look, are very special and are made beautiful through time. What better way to preserve their beauty and giving more meaning to their unique appearance by making them into simple artworks! I had a little help from references, though, but because no two pieces are alike, you'll have to take some ideas from your own imagination!

In the end, I was able to make six artworks and I am so happy about them! I'm working on another batch and I can't wait to show you!


No comments

Leave a comment: