My wax seal collection 2019

If there's something I never thought I'd get into, it would be wax seals. Not until I decided to try out a custom stamp. I sent my logo to be made as a stamp along with another one I designed, a simple calligraphy text. The design has a lot of others similar to it but I wanted to do my own in my handwriting.

One stamp was not cheap and I ordered two from a stamp-maker abroad, but if there's something you should know about me, I am willing to spend for something that I really want to try, just to see if I can do it. So after more than a month, my stamps arrived and hey! I was so happy to see my very own work in a wax seal!

I thought that it would be great to introduce wax seals to my small hometown who rarely use these things and bring something new to the usual invites that we see during weddings. In the years I have photographed weddings, not many couples have used them. I believe it would be due to limited or no access or having access but out of the budget. I would understand, wax seals are not cheap because they need time to make and the supplies are not cheap. But mainly, it's the time. Not a lot of people would be willing to sit and make average of 50-80 stamps for invites!

Anyway, so after a year, I have made a little collection of stamps. There are graphical designs and calligraphy ones which I designed myself. Most of them can be used in wedding invitations, thank you cards and even craft projects!

I'm so proud of this! Take a look!


No comments

Leave a comment: