Unread


I follow this unwritten rule about books and their movie versions. I won't watch the movie unless i've finished the book. Because I like knowing everything first before watching the movie and i am always curious if what i had imagined while reading the books are the same as how the film makers interpret it, if they had imagined the same things as me.

So far, i have faithfully followed that except for a few i recall:
  • Lord of the Rings - I just couldn't sit through how long it was, but the movie tells me the book would be so much better if i'd read all of it
  • Eat, Pray, Love - it was showing on HBO right there and then, and i love Julia Roberts. I couldn't NOT watch it.
  • Ella Enchanted - long time ago, i only learned it had a novel version after i'd seen the movie.
Those are actually just all i could remember for now. There were others, yes.

As for the Harry Potter series, still now in the middle of book seven, but with very slow progress because the internet is always in the way. but i promise myself to read for about 30 minutes more or less before i sleep. I still haven't seen the last two parts of the seventh film and i'm seeing all these spoilers in tumblr (grrrrr!).

I'm still enjoying hating Snape and i'm getting the idea it will turn out he's not evil after all. Well, that's a good twist but i would have liked to know about it myself. Oh well. I better just get on with the chapters quickly so i can watch the movie already.

And, i have so many books piling up. i don't know why i keep buying them when they're clearly not going away. They will always be sold in bookstores or online but i can't help it whenever i see a book i want to read, i have this urge to get it for myself, as in sense of ownership.

Some of the books pending are:

  • Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters (Rick Riordan)
  • How to walk in high-heels (Camilla Morton)
  • Her Fearful Symmetry (Audrey Niffenegger)
  • Al Capone does my shirts (Gennifer Choldenko)
  • Seabiscuit (Laura Hillenbrand)
  • The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
  • The Romanov Prophecy (Steve Berry)

And a few classics like Alice In Wonderland and Peter Pan.

And, instead of studying for the lecture on Friday, here i am, blogging. This is why i don't get things done right away.

No comments

Leave a comment: