on covering weddings

DSC_0254_010512_14321

Last January 5th, I had the opportunity to shoot a wedding as second photographer. Weddings are quite "big" for me since I don't have a team (it's just me and my camera). It was unfortunate that i wasn't able to take pictures of the groom's preparation but i knew he's well covered by the main photographers.

As second photographer, i learned that it is best to respect the main team hired by the bride and groom. I decided to shoot at the background, the sidelines and tried my best not to interfere or bother them when they're taking pictures. It was a long day, almost 10-12 hours of taking pictures of anything and everything i see that should be remembered.

At the end of the day, after i'd browsed my photos, seeing the newlyweds happy with the pictures, it all makes the effort worthwhile. I did learn that although covering weddings is exhausting, i always couldn't help but feel emotional whenever the parents cry, especially when any of their fathers cry — i get teary-eyed even though i'm not related to them.

DSC_0206_010512_14369

If you'd like to see some of the photos I took, you can view them here.

No comments

Leave a comment: