A Gift from Hersley!

One of the artists we featured in the recent issue of We See It Magazine was Hersley-Ven Casero, who also lives in Dumaguete, was so happy that his work was wonderfully featured. Because of that, he's offered me a little token of his appreciation, which I was absolutely excited about (despite telling him that he really didn't have to).

Hersley is a friend and also one of the popular artists and photographers in our local community. I was a student in one of his photography crash courses and he was the one who introduced me to the great Henri Cartier Bresson. I believe he is also Hersley's idol among others. You can see more of his art in this issue of We See It.

He has offered to give me one of his artworks. I have never received or owned any artworks before so I was truly thankful to get one from him, seeing he's already done so many for local cafe's and restaurants.

artwork gift


As you can see, this is a reversible canvas, I can choose to hang it either way. I love how he did the reflection at the bottom and the colors he used. It has these little gold accents (very small not sure if you can see it in the photo) which I also really like. It is 10" x 14" and it will be the first artwork I will ever hang in my bedroom wall.

If you're reading this, thank you Hersley! For sharing your art to the world and giving a small piece of it to me!

2 comments

  1. Congrats Kat - Hersley is a wonderful artist x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift! And I love both of your works on the magazine Kat. Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment: