Self 2012

I honestly am not used to taking self-portraits. If you have been following my blogs, you will rarely see photos of me. Rarely. But recently, I have been really thinking of giving my photography a slight make-over. I feel that I want my photos to be more of art than just pictures. Though I will always love travel and photographing places and landscape would always have a special place in my heart, I'm now experimenting on more creative portraits and some really inspiring series.

So, I am starting my creative portraits with some of my own. They are nothing great and these have gone through post-processing (overlaying photos and turning them into black and white). Please excuse if you find some poses awkward, I am not a model.

I actually took a gazillion shots and am only posting these as I find them the most presentable.

I am also working on a project, a series inspired by the Weight of Objects. I am naming it "Sentimental Value" and now currently thinking of the first few participants. It is really a lot like the Weight of Objects in concept and I am hoping that it's alright that I make a series of my own just like theirs. I am thinking of ways to make the project more "me" though so it doesn't end up exactly the same as theirs.

Anyway, here are the self photos I took today. Good thing I got a remote trigger a year ago, or the focusing would just have been impossible.

 
  

1 comment

  1. These are so cool - love the one of you looking out the window, I love the last ones too - ghostly!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment: