The Ruins in Talisay at Night

My visit to the popular tourist spot in Bacolod, the Ruins, was unfortunately during the night. The best time to visit and take pictures would actually be during sunset, but my cousins were running a little late with errands, which delayed our trip to this place.

Getting there, well, it wasn't that far from the city. What I did not expect was that you had to pass through a residential subdivision while going there. And then you reach the end of the cemented road and there you see an open space, just like what people would call a "hacienda". This little ruined mansion sits in the middle of that field.

They charge Php 60.00 to go in, though I thought it would be free but I saw they have this little garden surrounding it so I figured they had to ask for some amount to maintain that.

The Ruins is really just a burned down mansion of the Lacsons, its concrete structure left and still stands today. It's where a lot of couples take engagement photos or even hold weddings. The lights were wonderful at night but personally, I'm really just not a fan of taking pictures in dark or dim lit places, requires too much thinking and effort just to take a decent shot. Which explains my photos below (too grainy, had no tripod) and the reason I took only a few.

They also have this little restaurant inside the building and a corner where you could see pictures that of the people who owned the place. There was also a fountain, which didn't look very impressive at night but I'm sure it looked better during the day.

The second photo was a fail shot by my cousin but I'm sharing it because I think it turned out to be cool.

 

1 comment

  1. Wow, what a beautiful place an amazing place to do a 'shoot!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment: