Crocodile Park, Davao

When I heard about Crocodile Park, I thought I would only see crocodiles but there were a few other animals, too. The place was like a small zoo, but with a lot of crocodiles, thus the name. I felt really sad for some of the animals I saw there, like the male and female orangutan, who had a small cage and they were scraping their teeth on a banana peel trying to get whatever was left of it. That was really heart-breaking to see, and that scene keeps playing in my mind as I look at these photos. The least they could've done was give them a lot of food seeing that they've already caged them in cold steel bars. But then again, perhaps the park didn't have sufficient funds to give the animals better natural-looking cages and unlimited supply of food, but still... it was a sad to think about it. It would be better to put them back in the wild.

It was ironic that they posted animal and nature related quotes on some of their benches. One of the signs said:
"Those who wish to pet and baby wildlife, love them. But those who respect their natures and wish to let them live their natural lives, love them more." ~ Edwin Way Teale

A friend of mine pointed out that it is ironic. Indeed it is. For a zoo, who keeps animals in cages, remind people how they should love those who set animals free to live their natural lives.


1 comment

Leave a comment: