A year older [35]

Yesterday, I turned thirty-five. I had mixed feelings while I anticipated this day since the year began. I purposely chose to come home from my vacation so I can be home in time for my birthday, half-knowing I'd be spending it alone.

Over the years, I've never really been exceptionally happy on my birthdays, except in the last two birthdays when I spent it with a special person. This year, he's no longer part of it, which breaks my heart. I miss him every day.

Not a morning person but I got up to watch the sunrise, had regular cake and coffee with a friend at the dorm for breakfast, went for a nature trip with G for the day, late lunch at Escaño and later a simple dinner. Did not get to blow a candle but said a prayer of gratitide.

So thankful for the few people who get me through each day, especially yesterday, for going out of their way to spend time.

It's my first birthday without Facebook and old instagram. I'm learning to take pictures mostly just for the memories to keep. I realize that I still have friends who care and that's all I need to know to continue and keep my head above the water; to manage a smile in photos, until the day that I can rise above and stay there.

It was still a happy birthday after all. (24 April 2018)



































No comments

Leave a comment: