Painting on a wooden comb

A friend's birthday is coming up. One thing about me is that I like making things and art for my friends. I would say it's my way of giving back, because I'm not the type who usually treats out people for dinner or drinks out.

I was digging through my "creation chest", which is a name I've assigned to my small pile of notebooks, cards, pouches and other handmade and handpainted stuff I did in the past and is waiting for me to put them up again on display.

I purchased these combs as something I thought would be useful one day. Something I could "pretty-fy" and sell when the time and idea comes. And well, I am glad I bought them! I initially planned on just doing florals but it felt lacking when I flipped it and the other side was blank. So I took it easy with the colors and resorted to a greener leafy design on the other side, put a small "K" as initial for her first name.

I haven't used a comb like this but I'm thinking whether she uses it or not, it could serve as a nice decor or souvenir.

I posted a video, speed painting of this comb which I super shortened into three minutes. Actual painting time is about one hour. (Video is at the bottome of this post.)

PS. Some photos will look very huge because I shot them in macro mode.


















No comments

Leave a comment: