Joanna Loves Yah

Today is Joanna's birthday and what a wonderful excuse to take portraits! We had a great time having a photowalk around SU campus. Her friend Miles was with us, stylist-slash-director-slash-location scout-slash-motivator. In short, he was her one-man support team.

There were some really good spots around campus that wouldn't normally catch a photographer's eye. I'm really more into the bright spots and the non-cluttered areas. I also gravitate around spots with repeating lines or patterns or solids with dark or light colors.

Joanna was shy and awkward at first but as soon as we warmed up, she got the hang of it. It was a big help that we went to shoot on a Saturday so campus was less crowded. I know that feeling when people are looking at you. I mean, I get shy when people see me taking pictures, how much more if you were the one I'm shooting? So all conditions were in our favor.

These photos are my simple gift to her, for being a dear friend and for being such a kind-hearted human. She deserves to be happy and so much more. It's the least I could give. Happiest birthday, Joey!





No comments

Leave a comment: