Abaca Baking Company

One January day, I found myself checking out one of the branches of Abaca Baking Company, a coffee shop with impressive branding and style. I went to the Banilad branch at Crossroads. As much as I love coffee and places that serve them, I don't get to go to a lot of the new trending ones because I don't like traveling to big cities in the country. I like to stay in the Duma area and neighboring towns.

One thing I look out for when I first go inside a coffee place is the feeling I get when I first step inside. If there's this nice coffee aroma, that's a good sign. This one in particular looked promising from the outside. The black and white signage, minimalist black-framed windows and a peek at what's inside. Some yummy pastries parading on the counter. I go in and yes, the smell of coffee greets me and didn't disappoint.

There are a number of abstract art displayed on the walls, main color theme is black and white with elements of ink illustrations, doodles or drawings. It's seen on the pastry liners and paper cups and paper bags. Also cannot be missed on the metal stools and merchandise packaging.

The door of their toilet is black with a charming white doodle of a sleeping fox which I totally love. Tables and chairs are nicely done and naturally distressed (they don't look shiny and new which is great). The white/tan wooden tables were my favorite. They actually made the entire experience better for me, plus seeing the black window beside it. Instagram worthy? YAZ! And I will commend the staff, they have a lot of staff to attend to your needs, are happy and cheerful and really, just looking all happy to serve!

But all this eye candy does not come cheap. Food comes at an expense, steeper than the usual meal. But safe to say, it's also good. I came with a full stomach so that helped me order less. I only had dessert and coffee. But I'm sure you'll love it here especially if you get to taste more of the items in their menu. They have a number of choices not just for coffee and pastry but for heavier meals and snacks. They have twenty branches all across Cebu so you'll never miss it!

No comments

Leave a comment: