Slow Sundays


I love Dumaguete on Sundays because there are less people out. It's one reason I really like being here, because almost everything you need (the basics) are just 10-15 minutes drive away. But you can definitely choose to go on foot if you are in the mood.


This was how I spent my day one weekend in February, with R's kids, X and A. I don't spend a lot of time with children so it was a little new to me to be mindful of where they are every second we're out of the vehicle.

We go to the public market to get breakfast at the "pa-initan," — the line of stalls that sell puto and tsokolate, bud-bod and homemade peanut butter.

Ukay-ukay is a big deal here

Me and A smile with the puto

Yum!


We wait for Tito J while he buys spartans

We stroll by the boulevard

Silliman Hall, of course



We go to Escaño Plaza for lunch

My first time at Juancho's. Mexican food, I liked it a lot!

We watch airplanes in the afternoon and play with water and sand at Silliman Beach!

And the day comes to an end, we dry ourselves.


One last thing, we eat street food by Escaño beach. Cheese stick, tempura, dynamites, siomai!

No comments

Leave a comment: